March 3, 2010

{Nursery Design}

I've been working hard these last few months getting things together for our little one's nursery. I'll be honest, giving up my craft studio space was kinda disappointing. We moved all my stuff into an armoire, which has actually worked out quite well. One day i'll have a larger house and a whole room dedicated to my sewing and crafting...wouldn't that be nice.

Onto the new use...designing a space for a newborn is HARD. Everything is impractical (what does a newborn really need design wise anyways?). Nevertheless, everything is so CUTE, and expensive. I'm finding if it has the tag "baby" on it, that's a green light to charge a fortune for it. There are a few more touches to the room that I couldn't get on the idea board, but you get the gist of the room.
The idea board above is an actual representation of the things we have thus far. I'll give a run down of my sources:

4 x 6 Green Rug- Urban Outfitters
Crystal Curtain Holdbacks- Urban Outfitters
Brown Linen Curtains- previously had
Rock-a-Bye Rocker in Ivory Chenille- Babies R Us
Bananafish Lily Bedding- Target.com
Hot Pink Ribbon- Michael's
White Footed Dresser- previously had, refinished ourself
Pink Glass Knobs- Look In The Attic
White Wallflowers- Umbra.com


I can't believe we only have 12 weeks to go!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment