March 14, 2011

{I want! Er...Ella wants! On the hunt for bookends}

I've been searching for bookends for Ella's nursery. During a recent trip to Goores (a high end baby store in Northern California) I came across these: the Skip Hop Zoo Bookends- Owl. 
They have a whole "Zoo" line of backpacks, bookends, bibs and lunch pails that are so cute! (I couldn't resist getting Ella this lunch pail, and yes, even though she's only 9 months old we use it almost every day.) It's just too cute not to find something to put in it. 

Then I came across this set of bookends from Pottery Barn which are just perfect for her room. Same color scheme, and they are handmade (or so they say they are on the PB website). Also, I prefer the overall design to the Skip Hop ones. Now I just need to decide whether I will A.) buy them or B.) attempt to make them myself. The PB site gives the dimensions and the fill for them, which is sand (and polyfill I assume). I may have to take a trip into my local Pottery Barn to further examine them.
Until then, I'm one step closer in my search for the perfect bookends. 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment